Imagine a people, a culture, relaxed in their pace, and the earth under their feet reflecting their collective souls, breathing just as they do.
A while back, maybe a year or two years ago, I did a concept drawing of a colossus snail with a … civilization for a shell.
Additionally, I created a setting for more kinds of giant, “inhabited” creaturey beings, which I hope to build on later. Anyway, I had been wanting to translate this snail fellow into 3D form for the longest time so I used my sculpture class as an opportunity to make it happen.
I didn’t imagine the little seashells to be there at first, but since we required an additional element to our sculptures, I decided to try these out. They looked a lot better than I thought.
Not anywhere near as exact as the drawing, of course, but I’m still happy about the outcome!
drawing, sculpture, and concept © oolongnoon
- mairushk likes this
- agirlwhostoppedwaiting reblogged this from thatgirlwithdolls
- thatgirlwithdolls reblogged this from cottonomz
- ok-en likes this
- nieniekoto likes this
- yuaikai reblogged this from fengengao
- yuaikai likes this
- fengengao reblogged this from oolongnoon
- cottonomz reblogged this from oolongnoon
- cottonomz likes this
- seashellsongs likes this
- reichar likes this
- pastryandtea reblogged this from oolongnoon
- pastryandtea said: Jesus Christ, this is beautiful Kitsu.
- pastryandtea likes this
- queen-of-hearts92 likes this
- foxchante reblogged this from oolongnoon
- oolongnoon posted this