- Tonight is the thesis exhibit gallery opening, excitement sdkfldmfaklsmlf!! We got everything straightened out this week, so we’re set to go. It was tough but it’s been a great year.
admittedly though my portfolio is not ready… haha I hope my prof doesn’t kill me for sending it in late, but I got till next Thursday
- I will probably make another post about it down the road but I needed to at least make a mention here, but Project Wings won first place in the competition! Literally… there are no words to express how thankful I am for the amazing turn out. I was even invited to present it again at a Baccalaureate program the day before graduation. We’ll see that goes!
- most of my illustrations for this semester on the wall… we set up our catalogue spreads for the senior thesis exhibit today too, I’m excited~
- project wings is down there too taking a break from all the moving around, which reminds me, I hadn’t placed the good news here when it happened, but we reached the finals for the arts of respect! i presented it the other night and people really enjoyed and appreciated looking at it. i’d say it was a job well done so i’m really happy for the turnout
- lastly, two of my charcoal works from last year (monsters and asunder at my wix webpage) were accepted into this year’s insanity’s horse art magazine!
- may 3rd is the senior thesis exhibit … still lots to be done (7/14 illustrations actually— i’m really slow at drawing)
enkou’s teapot (2013)
“Would you believe me if I said there were as many types of teas as there are worlds?”
last Friday was the visual art gallery opening for the arts of respect, which was awesome. I got to see lots of art from campus and from outside, as well as speak with others about project wings! the overall reaction was super positive— I’m really happy (and relieved!) that it pulled through and that I was able to share the work with everyone.
I wanted to say I’m really grateful for all the support I was able to receive, whether it was through sending a secret or just letting others know about the art. The amount of attention I was able to get through just word of mouth was really incredible, and it was an honor to even have so many even share a little bit of themselves with me for the project.
And for the messages that I was able to gather… I think a lot of people who saw the project resonated with your stories, and actually, there were many secrets that were practically similar to each other… I wondered how things would be if the people who said these words could see each other and realize there was someone who was sharing the same secret.
I’ve been trying to find the right words this past week to really express my feelings about being able to read all of these. But all I can say is, really, thank you so much. And… wherever you are, if things aren’t going right, or even if they are, I hope that you find solace in or for your words, your truth, your world. You’re someone really worth being heard and accepted.
My entry for the Arts of Respect 2013: A collection of 101 anonymous secrets, gathered and written onto paper-craft feathers.
Gently moving the feathers aside reveals more and more messages.
We often keep things to ourselves, just to survive in a place that may not readily accept us for who we are. Our own feelings often keep us caged, tethered to some sort of confined space.
These are our truths, the ones that aren’t easily shared. These are the secrets you wish you could say but can’t, in fear of how others will treat you for who you really are or what has happened to you. Or maybe they’re wishes for someone else, or feelings you wish you could convey for or about someone you know. Or even this world, your world.
Every feather reveals a different perspective, a voice, a side of people that can’t readily be seen.
A very special thanks to each and every one of the one hundred anonymous people who shared a piece of themselves with me to become a part of this work!
101 secrets…(almost done!)
Thank you so much everyone… I’ll even fit in extra messages if they happen to come by. All that’s left to do is to get this project done!